Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This brisket looked so moist and tender and I'm dying to make it. I just haven't had the guts to shovel out the money for beef brisket. Please tell me if it's worth it. "You can make this a day ahead, and put it the oven when your ready. Leftovers make tasty sandwiches." got from Noble Pig's food blog.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 28 ounces ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (like Frank's)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 2 (2 1/2-3 lb) beef brisket or 1 (6 lb) beef brisket
- Saute onion and butter in a heavy saucepan until tender.
- Add the next nine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes until reduced to about 6 cups.
- Place the brisket in a roasting pan. Add 3 cups of sauce. Cover and bake at 275 degrees for 3 hours for two smaller briskets, basting occasionally. (If you use one large 6 pound brisket bake at 350 degrees for 4 hours, covered.).
- Skim off any fat. Remove brisket and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice the beef and pour remaining sauce from the pan and reserved sauce over the beef, Or throw the thinly sliced beef back into the roasting pan with the cooking sauce and add the sauce you reserved and completely coat the meat, and your ready to serve.