Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe for the grill, with a light barbecue flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 dash liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, honey, liquid smoke and vinegar.
- Brush one side of the salmon with the basting sauce. Place the salmon on the grill, basted side down. After about 6 minutes, generously baste the top and turn over. Cook for about 7 more minutes, then brush on more basting sauce. Turn and cook for 2 more minutes. Adjust cooking time if using thin salmon fillets. (Take care not to overcook the salmon as it will lose its juices and flavor if cooked too long.).
I like any recipes that has liquid smoke flavoring so I had to try this one. And I loved it. I made half recipe and it's hard using only half a dash LOL It was a very big dash. Me and my son liked the sweetness it gave to the salmon. DH a little bit less. I cooked it in the oven at 350 F for almost 15 minutes. Thanks TasteTester :) Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap October 2010 Group Aussie Rum Balls
I'll be jumping on the bandwagon too! Super easy and super tasty. However, I could not grill it as we were having inclement weather so I broiled it instead. I would definitely like to try this on the grill, though.
What a yummy recipe! This is easy and tasty to boot! We really enjoyed this dish. I loved how great it looked plated. It has a nice sweet and tart taste to it. Thanks for posting.