- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 lemon slice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 6 pork loin chops with bone, 7 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke; heat through. Discard lemon.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.