Recipe by Barb in WNY
This chicken barbecue can be served hot or cold and would be easy to take on a picnic, all the cooking is done ahead either in a microwave or stove top for the sauce.
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl; combine the tomato juice, vinegar, Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes(If you prefer to use the stove top, heat in a saucepan for 10 minutes).
- Let sauce stand for 10 minutes before using.
- Meanwhile, pound the chicken to a uniform thickness.
- Coat a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken on the pan.
- Brush on the sauce.
- Broil until the chicken is done, about 8 minutes.
- Wrap chicken tightly in foil and transfer to an insulated container.
- Take immediately to picnic, or refrigerate until cold and take to picnic in a cooler.