Prep 12 hrs
Cook 45 mins
I find Children love this!
Make and share this Tangy Barbecued Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 8 chicken pieces (of your choice, i.e. Thighs,breast on the bone,drumsticks)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce or 1 cup soya sauce
- 1 cup fruit chutney
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken and allow to stand for at least 1 hour.
- If you can leave it over-night, even better!
- Barbecue over coals slowly, turning often.
- The trick is to not have your fire too hot so that the chicken cooks slowly allowing marinade to penetrate right through.
- If the fire is too hot the marinade will burn and the chicken will be raw at the bone.
My kids did love this! I had a 4 1/2 lb chicken that I cut up and skinned, and 1/2 batch of marinade was just the right amount. I tend to use less marinade when I use a gallon bag. I marinated it overnight and the chicken was bursting with flavor! This does like to flare up on the grill, so watch it closely. We loved this, and will make it again soon!