Recipe by keen5
These savory, slow-cooked appetizers are great for superbowl parties or any gathering.
- 25 whole chicken wings (about 5 pounds)
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey, plus
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- Place chicken wings in two greased 15"x10"x1" baking pans.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; drain.
- Turn wings; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Drain wings; place a third of them in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Top with about 1 cup of sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir before serving.