Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This sauce is wonderful, especially on chicken. But it's also great on fries, burgers, hot dogs, anything. You might want to make a big batch and freeze some so it's always available. Brush it on whatever's grilling during the last 20 minutes. Otherwise, it will burn.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- fresh ground pepper
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add celery and onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Nice recipe, I added 1/2 shot of spiced rum, a dash of celery salt and a clove of crushed garlic and it was perfect!