Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the sauces needs to chill for 24 hours to blend flavors, you can omit the onion and garlic completely and just add in 2 teaspoons garlic powder along with the other ingredients. This is a very good BBQ sauce!
- 1 small onion (minced or finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup spicy honey mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add in the onion with chili powder and saute for 6-7 minutes adding in the garlic the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Add in ALL remaining ingredients and simmer stirring occasionally for about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and chill overnight to blend flavors.