Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Plan ahead the sauces needs to chill for 24 hours to blend flavors, you can omit the onion and garlic completely and just add in 2 teaspoons garlic powder along with the other ingredients. This is a very good BBQ sauce!
- 1 small onion (minced or finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup spicy honey mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add in the onion with chili powder and saute for 6-7 minutes adding in the garlic the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Add in ALL remaining ingredients and simmer stirring occasionally for about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and chill overnight to blend flavors.