Recipe by bunnee
This is a quick, tasty recipe that everyone seems to like for lunch or dinner. Seeded buns are preferred at my house; No one likes the "wimpy" ones!
Top Review by *Z*
This had a good flavor but was too runny for our tastes.We like our sauces thick and clingy and this one just ran off and soaked the buns. DD ate it better off of the bun entirely.I liked the combination of the root beer and the pineapple. It was different than the usual.
- 1 can undiluted campbell's Italian tomato soup (if not available, substitute Tomato with Garlic and Herbs, or Classic Tomato)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup root beer
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lb deli boiled ham, shaved thin
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-qt saucepan, combine soup, pineapple, root beer, onion, and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Add ham and toss gently to distribute.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for additional 5 minutes.
- Spoon ham onto buns or rolls and serve.