Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a delicious tangy chicken recipe, my husband loves the taste of this sauce, I make it quite often at my house....never any leftovers here! You could easily double the sauce recipe if desired....I usually serve this with white rice or potatoes on the side deeeeeelicious! (note: plan ahead, this chicken needs to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before baking.... I have even prepared it the night before and baked it the next evening for supper!)
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Set oven to 350 degrees Grease a 13x9 baking pan Place chicken in the baking dish In a saucepan, whisk flour and water until smooth Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 mins or until thickened Stir in remaining ingredients Pour over chicken Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours Remove from refigerater 30 mins before baking Bake, uncovered for 35-45 mins, or until chicken is done.
Loved this recipe, my husband enjoyed it too. I also think it would be wonderful with pork ribs. I followed the recipe exactly and doubled the sauce. THANKS!
This chicken came out very tender and tasty. We loved the sweet and tangy sauce. (The secret is to let it marinate so the chicken absorbs the wonderful flavors.) The next time I will double the sauce. Served over rice and you have a great meal. Thanks KittenCal.
This chicken was very good! I used boneless chicken breasts. The chicken came out moist and delicious! I served the chicken with rice and corn. Thanks for a great recipe KITTENCAL BASS ; )