Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Received from a friend. A great healthy appetizer for your holiday parties.
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 small zucchini (about 4 ounces)
- 3 slices Canadian bacon, sliced into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon barbecue sauce
- 16 wooden toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, slice the zucchini lengthwise to create thin ribbons.
- Create an assembly line for the ingredients: Line up the zucchini ribbons, Canadian bacon, barbeque sauce, and water chestnuts on your cutting board.
- Lay a zucchini slice flat on your cutting board, then layer on a strip of Canadian bacon, spread on about 1/4 teaspoon barbecue sauce, and place the water chestnut at one end.
- Roll the zucchini and ham around the water chestnut, then secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, placing the wrapped water chestnuts on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the bottom side of the water chestnut is golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.