Recipe by DDW
We love this salmon baked or even better grilled. Super easy to make and good for you too! The prep. time does not include time needed to marinade.
Top Review by KLBoyle
This salmon is great, I was worried that all that lemon juice would be overpowering but it wasn't. I boiled the marinade after to make a sauce and that was a little much when the flavors all concentrated but overall it was a delicious dinner. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (or juice from 2 whole lemons)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (in the recipe but I leave out) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, balsamic, lemon juice, garlic, brown sugar and black pepper.
- Stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Place salmon filets in a baking dish and pour sauce over, top with additional fresh ground pepper if desired.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork.
- Baste at least once with sauce while baking.
- If grilling the salmon baste with the marinade more often. The marinade can then be boiled and then served as a sauce to top the fish when done.