Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing fruit drinks are popular all over Mexico. You can use any fruit you like to flavor it.
- 4 cups drinking water
- 2 cups fresh fruit
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- lime wedges (to garnish) or lemon wedge (to garnish)
- In a blender combine water and fruit.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a sieve into a pitcher or serving container.
- Stir in lemon or lime juice and sugar.
- Add additional sugar to taste.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge.
I make this all the time for our family mainly using watermelon, melon, and strawberries. I do omit the lemon and lime juice and cut down to 1 1/2 cup of fruit. I only add slight squeeze of lime to the strawberry.
This was such a refreshing drink with the flavor of a smoothie without the thinkness. Reminded me of vacations on Cozumel. I made mine using fresh pineapple, blending it in the morning but not straining or serving until later in the evening. Thinking next time I may try mixing fruits such as mango and strawberry. Mui deliciouso.