Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This ia great marinade! You will be happy you tried this recipe. I came up with it while messing around in the kitchen. The steaks were so juicy and tangy, I cannot wait to make these again! My husband ABSOLUTELY loved them! Preparation includes marinating time. I would double the recipe for every two steaks or four chops added, to be sure there is plenty of marinade.
- 2 steaks or 4 lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon capers (with just a little juice)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- Pierce beef with fork.
- Combine all spice ingredients in a container. Generousley sprinkle with McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Add meat and marinate steak or lamb chops for at least one hour.
- Grill or Broil them.
- Grill - Grill on both sides until desired doneness.
- Broil - Place meat in a baking dish. Broil 6 inches from oven element for appr. 8 minutes on each side (or until desired doneness). Pour remaining marinade over beef when turning.
Nice flavor. I did marinate for 24 hours. Will make this again. Did not use the Montreal seasoning. Used steakhouse seasoning, which is what I had on hand.
This was very good! I used Smokey Seasoned Salt in place of McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning because I just don`t buy them. I made it on beef steaks and just know this would be so good on lamb. It has a Greek Style to the marinade. I did cut back on the soy and seasonings. Thanks!
This was quite good. I made this a couple of weeks ago and forgot to rate it. I didn't change any of the ingredients. I used this on lamb steaks. I sprinkled the McCormick's seasoning on both sides of the steaks, placed them in the baking dish and just poured the mixed ingredients over them and marinaded for about 4-5 hours in the fridge. Broiled them in the same dish right from the fridge. I'm making this again tonight!