Prep 168 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I like to use an assortment of olives from an olive bar, such as Nicoise, Kalamata, Picholine, along with stuffed olives that have feta, garlic, almonds, and other things in them, etc. These go great with a Greek salad.
- 1 lb kalamata olive (or variety Greek olives; about 75-80)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (amount to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Rinse olives and drain.
- Place olives in a jar with tight fitting lid.
- Combine other ingredients and pour over olives.
- Attach lid firmly, and shake jar lightly to coat olives.
- Refrigerate, turning jar occasionally, for 24 hours, to develop flavor.
- Use within 7 days.
I made this recipe for myself first. It was absolutely terrific. The olive oil and feta together are terrific, but the cilantro gave it a wonderful boost in flavor. I used the mine on salads. The second time I made this, I added a little more New Mexico chile flakes just to kick it up a tad. This makes a wonderful gift to give to family. They all thank you for posting a great recipe that we all enjoyed. Thanks!
I used several different kinds of olives including kalamata, green and green stuffed with anchovies. The cilantro and the chili peppers really spice things up. I made these as part of a Moroccan Dinner that I was hosting, but I will be making them over and over again. Thanks Sue L.