Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
Excellent. This recipe came from a cookbook called "Miami Spice" which I picked up in the Miami airport. The marinade can be used on other types of fish as well. It smells heavenly and tastes even better. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 4 slices tangerine zest (1/2 inch)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, white part minced,green part chopped and reserved for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 slices lemons, zest of (each 1 1/2 inches long)
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (mixture of black and white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all ingredients together and marinate fish for 30- 60 minutes, turning fish once or twice.
- For Tuna: Drain well and blot dry.
- Brush steaks with 1 Tbsp sesame oil.
- Grill on hot grill for 1 minute each side (very rare)- or until cooked to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped scallion greens and sesame seeds.