Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Excellent. This recipe came from a cookbook called "Miami Spice" which I picked up in the Miami airport. The marinade can be used on other types of fish as well. It smells heavenly and tastes even better. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 4 slices tangerine zest (1/2 inch)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, white part minced,green part chopped and reserved for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 slices lemons, zest of (each 1 1/2 inches long)
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (mixture of black and white)
- Whisk all ingredients together and marinate fish for 30- 60 minutes, turning fish once or twice.
- For Tuna: Drain well and blot dry.
- Brush steaks with 1 Tbsp sesame oil.
- Grill on hot grill for 1 minute each side (very rare)- or until cooked to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped scallion greens and sesame seeds.
This is easy to put together and tastes great. I can't believe there's only one review since 2003 ... this is GOOD!
Tried this marinade for the first time tonight and it was excellent! We used regular olive oil instead of seasame oil and it came out so delicious! HIghly recommend this marinade!