Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a different variation on a trifle, but it is really yummy.You can ad alcohol if you like.
Make and share this Tangerine Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- 5 single trifle sponge cakes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 15 -20 macaroons
- 1 (5 ounce) packagetangerine gelatin powder or 1 (5 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained reserve juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups custard
- whipped cream, to decorate
- orange rind, to decorate
- superfine sugar, to decorate
- Spread the halved sponge cakes with apricot jam and arrange in the bottom of a deep serving bowl or glass dish.
- Sprinkle with the macaroons.
- Put the gealtin into a heatproof bowl or pan, add the juice from the mandarins and dissolve in a pan of hot water or in the microwave. Stir until the liquid clears.
- Add up to 2 1/2 cups ice cold water, stir well and let cool for up to 30 minutes.Scatter the mandarin oranges over the cakes and macaroons.
- Pour the gelatin over the mandarins, cake and macaroons and chill for 1 hour.
- When the gelatin has set, pour the custard smoothly over the top and chill again.
- When ready to serve, pipe the whipped cream over the custard. Wash the orange rind shreds, sprinkle them with superfine sugar and use to decorate trifle.