2 hrs 30 mins
This is a different variation on a trifle, but it is really yummy.You can ad alcohol if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 single trifle sponge cakes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 15 -20 macaroons
- 1 (5 ounce) package tangerine gelatin powder or 1 (5 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained reserve juice
- 2 1/2 cups custard
- whipped cream, to decorate
- orange rind, to decorate
- superfine sugar, to decorate
- 1Spread the halved sponge cakes with apricot jam and arrange in the bottom of a deep serving bowl or glass dish.
- 2Sprinkle with the macaroons.
- 3Put the gealtin into a heatproof bowl or pan, add the juice from the mandarins and dissolve in a pan of hot water or in the microwave. Stir until the liquid clears.
- 4Add up to 2 1/2 cups ice cold water, stir well and let cool for up to 30 minutes.Scatter the mandarin oranges over the cakes and macaroons.
- 5Pour the gelatin over the mandarins, cake and macaroons and chill for 1 hour.
- 6When the gelatin has set, pour the custard smoothly over the top and chill again.
- 7When ready to serve, pipe the whipped cream over the custard. Wash the orange rind shreds, sprinkle them with superfine sugar and use to decorate trifle.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangerine Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.8
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 322.5 mg
- Sodium 647.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 185.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 75.5 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
single trifle sponge cakes