Recipe by chia
This recipe is great on the grill as well as in the broiler.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Another very nice teriyaki recipe, the orange and ginger come through in the sauce. It took a good 20 minutes to reduce the sauce and it concentrated the flavors. I would recommend to marinate the chicken for 30 minutes in part of the sauce because just basting the chicken was not enough to let the flavors of the lovely sauce come through.
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated tangerine zest or 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup tangerine juice or 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup mirin (you can substitute 1/2 c white wine with 1/4 c sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a broiler pan with foil and set the broiler to high.
- Combine tangerine juice, mirin, soy sauce, the 2 sugars, ginger, garlic in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, cook until sauce reduces by half.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl, add to sauce, cook stirring until thickened.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into quarters.
- Thread each piece onto a skewer.
- Brush with oil.
- Place in broiler pan; season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for 3 minutes, baste with sauce, broil, turn over, baste with more sauce, keep turning and basting until chicken is cooked through, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sauce.