Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very refreshing treat on a hot evening. This is a basic sorbet recipe which works well with other citrus fruits. The amount of sugar may need to be adjusted if you are going to make pink grapefruit or lemon sorbet. Cook time = freezing time for my ice cream machine.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine zest
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice
- Combine sugar, syrup, water and tangerine peel in a small sauce pan.
- Heat slowly until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in juice.
- Cool and chill mixture.
- Pour chilled mixture into ice cream machine and process according to manufacturer's directons.