Recipe by Jetjouster
A Favorite Southern Summer Seafood Selection from the kitchen of Sam's Seafood Grill. Luscious Citrus Grilled Shrimp with a Blue Agave Tangerine Vinaigrette set off this summer favorite.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Excellent! Five stars. I made this with the following changes but even though I changed it a bit, boy was it great! I used smaller shrimp that I had on hand and cooked them in a frying pan on the stove instead of the grill since they were smaller. I used orange, lemon and grapefruit for my zests and did add a touch of the sweet vermouth for flavor. Nice touch. I made the dressing as stated but with just 1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar and two juiced oranges so it wouldn't be too acidic. I don't care for blue cheese so used crumbled feta instead. For the salad greens I used red leaf lettuce, mind and tender. My husband commented several times how much he loved this recipe. Thank you for posting this, Jetjouster, I'll use it again. Yum!
- 20 colossal prawns, peeled to tail, deveined
Citrus Grilled Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices
- 2 teaspoons mccormick citrus pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- olive oil, 1 part
- 1⁄4 cup sweet vermouth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tangerine zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup olivier balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon blue agave syrup
- 1 medium tangerine, juice from
- 3 roasted garlic cloves, chopped fine and mashed
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pinot noir wine
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbles crumbled fine
- 12 ounces mixed greens, salad mix
Directions See How It's Made
- For Cajun Spices, we use Bayou Sam's Triple Blast, a great sub is Slap Yo Mama Cajun Spices or Tony's Creole Seasoning.
- TANGERINE SHRIMP: Mix dry ingredients. Coat shrimp or any type of seafood in lite olive oil, sprinkle zest then season to coat. Grill high to very high heat. Spray often with sweet vermouth. 1 to 2 minutes max. Do not overcook.
- BLUE AGAVE TANGERINE DRESSING: Combine all spices then add vinegar, whisk until well combined, next add Agave and whisk well. Last whisk in olive oil and whisk well till incorporated, fold in 2 tablespoons of fine blue cheese crumbles, reserving the rest for topping.
- The best method of preparation is to place plates in freezer to chill, peel to tail and devien shrimp. Heat grill, while grill is heating up, prepare dressing and let stand. Cook shrimp according to above. Pull plates, places greens in extra large bowl with lid, drizzle to taste amount of dressing. Cover bowl and toss and roll in the air to evenly coat salad. Plate salad and top with extra blue cheese crumbles if desired. Place shrimp around outside of plate.
- A big buttery chard would be nice here -- Cakebread or Rombaurer.