Recipe by Charlotte J
If serving scones later, glaze just before serving.
Top Review by Dienia B.
these are very good i added some of the zest to the used some in the glaze instead of lemon and not as much cardomom for me as its pretty stong ,but a little really popped in this recipe i used whole egg in stead of just whites . if you like citrus flavor make these
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, chilled and cut into slices
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 tangerines
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom, baking soda and salt.
- Stir to combine. A.
- dd butter or margarine and mix in using pastry blender or two knives until crumbly then set aside.
- Wash and peel tangerines.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces, removing seeds and drain well.
- Stir into dry mixture.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt and eggs whites.
- Blend into dry ingredients, dough will be soft.
- Flour a cutting board and place dough on board.
- Sprinkle top with additional flour and pat out into a 9-inch round.
- Cut into twelve wedges. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a spatula, place scone wedges on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- In small bowl, mix confectioners sugar, lemon peel and juice.
- Brush glaze on each scone and serve.