Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
Mini muffins that work equaly as well with tangerines or fresh manderin oranges. They have a lovely flavor.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tangerine, sections coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat eighteen 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Using a fork, stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in the tangerine.
- 3. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each almost full. Bake about 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm. Makes 18 miniature muffins.
Ohhhh my gosh these are divinely "scrupadillyishes"!!! It is sooo hard to find pleasant tasting diabetic recipes but this is one I know not only will I remake over and over again... Doubtlessly will be handing out the recipe to family & friends. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting it!
Wonderful I have eaten half of them already :) These are delightful bites of heaven.