Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Cut this from one of my food magazines, but don't remember which one. This is a very rich and creamy dessert. I couldn't find tangerines to make this so I used clementines and it still tasted wonderful. Definitely not a dessert for the calorie conscious! Cooking time includes minimum of 3 hours for chilling time.
- Put the cream in a pan with the tangerine zest and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat, stir and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Strain the cream into a bowl to remove the zest and return the cream to the pan.
- Bring the cream back up to just below boiling.
- Stir in the sugar and then the juices.
- Stir until mixture starts to thicken, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into 6 small glasses or ramekins.
- Cool slightly then chill until set, about 3 hours.