Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 5 gelatin sheets
- 4 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur (optional)
- 10 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Rehydrate gelatin.
- In a saucepan, add egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, tangerine juice and zest.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Adjust sweetness.
- Cool In a sauce pan over low heat add 6 tbl water, cointreau and gelatin.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Add to Tangerine/egg yolk mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks.
- Fold cream into tangerine mixture, then fold into whites.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.