Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
A Weber recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tangerines, juice of
- 2 tangerines, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 lobster tails, 6 to 8 ounces each
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt the butter.
- After the butter has melted, skim off the foam.
- Add the tangerine zest, juice, and salt.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the butter mixture into a small cup; reserve the rest for the dipping sauce.
- Using kitchen shears split each tail in half lengthwise.
- If desired to prevent the lobster meat from curling during cooking, thread a skewer lengthwise through the center of the meat of each piece.
- Lightly brush the exposed meat with the butter in the cup.
- Grill the lobster tails, meat side down, over Direct Medium heat until lightly marked, 2 to 3 minutes (watch for flare-ups).
- Turn the tails over and grill until the meat is white and firm but not dry, 5 to 8 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with some of the butter in the cup.
- Remove from the grill and serve warm with the reserved butter on the side.
It was a really nice option for lobster. I also used salted butter, so I did only a pinch, however my guests thought it still needed a bit more salt. I did add a pinch of garlic powder and everyone agreed it was nice and light, a contrast to the steak I served it with. The only change was instead of grilling, I placed the lobster in the oven and broiled at high, and kept it there for 14 minutes. Thanks for sharing!
Really simple, very very good! I didn't have any unsalted butter so used salted butter but omitted the kosher salt. The tangerine gives a great citrus flavor without being as overpowering as lemon would be. The idea of using a skewer to stop curling is so good I don't know why I didn't think of it before! The sauce is also great over BBQ vegetables.
My family loved these lobster tails. They were very easy to make & they tasted fabulous. I have the Weber cookbook & I have made many things out of the book & they have all been really good. I highly recommend this recipe.