Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm always looking for something a little different-this is one I really like.
- 1419.54 ml chopped tangerines, pulp,around 4 pounds
- 236.59 ml chopped lemon, pulp (2-3 large lemons)
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced tangerine peel (about 4 tangerines)
- 236.59 ml water
- 49.61 g package dry pectin
- 1182.95 ml white sugar
- In a large saucepan combine the tangerine and lemon pulp, tangerine peel and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain juice through a damp jelly bag.
- Measure 4 cups of juice.
- Combine the strained juice and powdered pectin in a large saucepan.
- Over high heat bring to a boil.
- Add Sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Return to a boil-rolling.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Skim foam if needed.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
I have a tangerine tree so I decided to make some jelly...I used this recipe and everyone who sampled it just LOVES IT. Yum...I am going to make some more and give them out with Christmas gifts. Thanks
I made a double batch and instead of 5 half-pints I got 7 per batch. A pleasing result. I used the lemon pulp and I guess my mandarins were very sweet because I didn't experience the lemon tartness that others mentioned.
I just made this jelly, and i think it has a strong lemon over tone to it. I will make another batch in a few days, but i plan to change the recipe from lemon plup to lemon juice. And I got 8 jelly jars instead of the 5 jars it says it makes.