Recipe by Dib's
I'm always looking for something a little different-this is one I really like.
Top Review by Mystantara
I have a tangerine tree so I decided to make some jelly...I used this recipe and everyone who sampled it just LOVES IT. Yum...I am going to make some more and give them out with Christmas gifts. Thanks
- 1419.54 ml chopped tangerines, pulp,around 4 pounds
- 236.59 ml chopped lemon, pulp (2-3 large lemons)
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced tangerine peel (about 4 tangerines)
- 236.59 ml water
- 49.61 g package dry pectin
- 1182.95 ml white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine the tangerine and lemon pulp, tangerine peel and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain juice through a damp jelly bag.
- Measure 4 cups of juice.
- Combine the strained juice and powdered pectin in a large saucepan.
- Over high heat bring to a boil.
- Add Sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Return to a boil-rolling.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Skim foam if needed.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.