1/2 Photos of Tangerine Cream With Brittle Topping
2 hrs 40 mins
An extravagant and fruity cream with a precious topping. A nice dessert for your recipe collection. From Swiss “Coop” magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 ml tangerine juice (corresponding to juice of 6 to 8 Tangerines)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 80 g marzipan, greater
- 1 vanilla (seeds only)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 200 ml heavy cream
Candied Tangerine Zest
- 2Mix well all ingredients for the cream (except heavy cream) together.
- 3Heat the mixture in a pot at low temperature stirring continuously until it binds.
- 4Take away from heat a continue stirring for 2 more minutes.
- 5Refrigerate until cool. In the meanwhile prepare brittle and candied tangerine zest.
- 6Wipe the heavy cream and bring it gently under the tangerine mix.
- 8Roast in a non sticking pot the almonds by middle heat. Set aside tight on a baking foil.
- 9Heat sugar and water in the same pan until boiling point.
- 10Reduce to low heat und continue to stir until the caramel reaches a clear brown color (caramel).
- 11Spread the caramel on the roasted almonds.
- 12Wait 15 minutes or until cold.
- 13Candied Tangerine Zest:.
- 14Cut the zest in very thin slices.
- 15Heat the slices, the sugar and the ware in a pot until translucent.
- 16Reduce the heat and continue stirring from time to time until dry.
- 17Place the zest, open on a baking foil and continue to dry by medium heat in the oven (let the oven lid slightly open) until desired.
- 18When dry, chop very finely and use for topping (or don’t chop it if you want to keep some for different purposes).
- 20Break the bridle and use as topping with the candied tangerine zest.
- 21Note: Total time includes cooling time.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangerine Cream With Brittle Topping
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 49.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: