Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is a tangy-sweet cranberry chutney with lots of tangerine flavor. It's wonderful with all of those rich holiday entrees, turkey, ham, duck, goose... mmmmmm! Even my husband, a confirmed canned cranberry sauce aficionado, tried this and liked it. It also makes the best leftover turkey sandwich spread, with mayo and a slice of sharp cheddar.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tangerine zest
- 2 tangerines, juice of
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover (this is important, these things pop all over the place at first--) and cook down until thickened to your liking (check after a half hour or so, and if you cook longer, check periodically to be sure the sugary content doesn't begin to burn).
- Adjust the sweetness if you like; I like it more tangy, the hubby likes sweeter.