Recipe by Baby Kato
Quick, easy to make candy, that tastes like it took a long time to make. Only you will know how easy it really is. Chocolate, Orange and Almond whats not too like. These look great on cookie trays.
Top Review by Starrynews
Great truffles! The chocolate I used turned out to be pretty sturdy, so I ended up having to set it out for 2 hours after the 12-hour refrigeration period to get it soft enough to shape. The flavor was great - loved the tangerine addition. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '11
- 11 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (1 package)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, soft, room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tangerine, zest of, large
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds, roasted, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dark chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring until melted.
- Add the salt to the smooth chocolate mixture and mix well, then put the melted chocolate aside until it has cooled completely.
- Next add the cheese to the chocolate mixture and using a mixer beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and zest to the chocolate/cheese mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a small baking pan lined with plastic wrap, cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Remove chocolate from pan by pulling up on the plastic wrap. Remove the plastic and cut the chocolate into 24 pieces.
- Roll each chocolate peice into a ball.
- You are almost done, roll each of the chocolate balls in the finely chopped almonds.
- Store if you can in an airtight container.