Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious simple stirfry - and gorgeously coloured, to boot! You can use oranges instead of tangerines. Serve on rice noodles or rice, if desired. Add onions and garlic if you'd like (I never do because I'm allergic).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 cups snow peas
- 4 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 4 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable cocktail or 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tangerine, juice of
- 1 tangerine, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 large tangerines
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- Heat oil in a wok or fry pan. Saute chicken until almost cooked through.
- Add pepper and snow peas to the pan, and fry until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Mix together aminos, juice, water, paste, zest and juice of tangerine and cornstarch, then add tot he pan and stir until thickened.
- Peel and cut tangerines into segments, and add to pan with bean sprouts. Cover for a few minutes if you like your sprouts on the more tender side (as I do).
This was very delicious! The whole family enjoyed it.