Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Redbook This recipe has been tested by Redbook These Asian-inspired roasted chicken breasts come out tender and juicy thanks to frequent basting with the gingered tangerine sauce.
- 2 tangerines, use for peel and 3/4 cup juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 about 2 3/4 pounds total chicken breast halves
- Remove colored part of peel from tangerines using a vegetable peeler and very finely chop; juice enough tangerines to yield 3/4 cup juice.
- Combine peel and juice in a bowl with soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger root, sesame oil, cinnamon, and pepper; whisk until honey is dissolved. Pour into a food storage bag.
- Cut off rib portions from chicken breasts. Place breasts halves in marinade and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning bag several times.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Pour marinade from the bag into a saucepan, boil 10 minutes, until mixture is thick and syrupy. Brush chicken with some sauce. Roast chicken at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes, basting with remaining sauce, until chicken is just barely pink in thickest parts. Garnish breasts with toasted sesame seeds.
I followed the recipe exactly except cut the chicken in half since there's only 2 of us. It was delicious!! I couldn't taste the tangerine flavor at all but it was still yummy!
Mmm delicious! DH loves these. Cooked exactly as posted. Definitely a keeper.Great for company.
For this recipe I used 4 large, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, then followed the recipe, though they were done in just over 35 minutes, then served it with brown rice & green beans! VERY, VERY TASTY CHICKEN! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my CHICKEN theme in the current My-3-Chefs]