Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 8 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- Remove side of spring form pan and invert bottom, then reattach side.
- Lightly oil pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup tangerine juice in a small bowl and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together yolks, sugar, lemon juice, and remaining cup tangerine juice in a heavy medium saucepan, then cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture just comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, then whisk in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- Transfer to a metal bowl and chill in an ice bath, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened to consistency of raw egg whites.
- Remove from ice bath.
- In another bowl, beat cream with zest until it just holds soft peaks.
- Stir one third of whipped cream into yolk mixture to lighten, and then fold in remaining cream gently.
- Spoon into spring form pan, and chill until set.