Recipe by Rita~
Found this on WholeHealthMD.com Tweeked to my liking and I hope yours This is a Spicy, Cool, Refreshing, and Luscious Salad. Try Jicama or Celery for added crunch!
Top Review by sheepdoc
This is awesome - what a blend of flavors! I had to use oranges and didn't have any jalepeno but added a little more cayenne. No sunflower seeds either - slivered and toasted some almonds. Made for February Sun and Spice 2013
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, minced finely
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno, diced very finely, if wanted to taste
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 6 tangerines
- 1 Hass avocado, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, vinegar, salt,garlic, ginger, cayenne and jalapeno.
- With a vegetable peeler, remove 2 long strips of peel (orange part only) from 1 tangerine.
- Cut strips into 1/8-inch zest matchsticks.
- Peel tangerines and separate into segments.
- Cut segments crosswise into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Add avocado, zest, and tangerines to bowl, toss to combine.
- Chill until serving time.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds just before serving.