Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
I had a moment of brilliance and came up with these little gems one night. You don't really even have to like tang to like these muffins. They have a very light and airy texture and taste a bit like orange cream, only so much better with the chocolate and bananas too.
Top Review by vitalev
I've never made a muffin that was this moist, light, and airy before.. the texture was just to die for! I really enjoyed the taste as well, definitely Tang-y! They were more orangey than banana-y. I love Tang, so that was good for me, but I think others who do not love Tang as much should be cautious. Thanks for a great breakfast!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup instant Tang orange drink
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease muffin cups.
- In bowl mix sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In seperate bowl combine mashed bananas, tang, sugar, egg, and melted butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moist.
- Coat chocolate chips in a small bit of flour (this prevents them from sinking to the bottom of your muffins), and fold them into batter.
- Fill muffin cups and bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.