Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a very simple, quick and easy recipe to make, you can have it on the table in about 35-40 minutes and that time is only because, of the longer cooking time for the rice. It tastes very good, I serve mine with a yogurt sauce, which I will list ingredients below, but you can serve as is or with whatever is your preference.
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 400 ml coconut milk (divided use)
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
Green Chilli Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 150 ml water
- 2 long green chilies, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, chopped finely (medium in size)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine paste with 80ml of the coconut milk (reserve remaining 320ml for the rice.) Place fish fillets in paste and leave in the fridge while making the rice.
- Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear. Combine rice, water, chili, rind and remaining coconut milk in a saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook covered about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan add onion and carrot, cook stirring a couple of minutes.
- Place fish fillets on top of vegetables, cook covered about 10 minutes uncover and cook a couple minutes more or until fish is cooked through. (cooking time will vary depending on thickness of fish fillets).
- Yogurt Sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- To serve: Spoon some vegetables onto a plate top with fish and drizzle with yogurt sauce if desired. Serve the rice on the side.