1/3 Photos of Tandoori White Fish With a Green Chili Rice
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a very simple, quick and easy recipe to make, you can have it on the table in about 35-40 minutes and that time is only because, of the longer cooking time for the rice. It tastes very good, I serve mine with a yogurt sauce, which I will list ingredients below, but you can serve as is or with whatever is your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 400 ml coconut milk (divided use)
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
Green Chilli Rice
- 1Combine paste with 80ml of the coconut milk (reserve remaining 320ml for the rice.) Place fish fillets in paste and leave in the fridge while making the rice.
- 2Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear. Combine rice, water, chili, rind and remaining coconut milk in a saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook covered about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- 3While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan add onion and carrot, cook stirring a couple of minutes.
- 4Place fish fillets on top of vegetables, cook covered about 10 minutes uncover and cook a couple minutes more or until fish is cooked through. (cooking time will vary depending on thickness of fish fillets).
- 5Yogurt Sauce.
- 6Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 7To serve: Spoon some vegetables onto a plate top with fish and drizzle with yogurt sauce if desired. Serve the rice on the side.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori White Fish With a Green Chili Rice
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.6
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 109.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: