Recipe by TattooedMamaof2
Serve with brown basmati rice From Eating Well Magazine - May/June 2010
Top Review by bricksparrow
I did not follow this recipe exactly (hence the 4-stars), but it was the primary inspiration for last night's dinner, which was awesome. I used a pre-mixed tandoori seasoning package and substituted low-fat cottage cheese for the yogurt and it made for the most delightful meal.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) packages extra firm tofu, drained
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine paprika, 1/2 t salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, lime juice and the spice mixture; cook, until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Slice each tofu block crosswise into 6 slices; pat dry. Use 3 T of the spiced oil to brush both sides of the tofu slices; sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the tofu until it is heated through, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Combine yogurt with the remaining spiced oil in a small bowl and serve with the tofu.