1/1 Photo of Tandoori -Style Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Legs for the Grill
24 hrs 25 mins
This is tandoori chicken adapted for the grill, plan ahead the chicken needs to marinate overnight in the yogurt, I have made this recipe many times, it's wonderful! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups full-fat plain yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 chicken legs (with thighs attached, skin on or removed)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1In a processor blend 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt with the next 9 ingredients (the lemon juice to cayenne pepper) until smooth and well blended; transfer to a large bowl; mix in the remaining 1 cup yogurt with a wooden spoon.
- 2Add in the chicken and toss to coat.
- 3Cover and refrigerate over night.
- 4Prepare the grill to a medium-high heat.
- 5Place the marinated-coated chicken on the grill, do not wash off the yogurt marinade, but discard any marinade from the bowl.
- 6Grill the chicken (about 12-13 minutes per side) basting with melted butter the last 5 minutes of cooking on both sides, season with more salt and pepper if desired while cooking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori -Style Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Legs for the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (2107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.4
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 171.4 mg
- Sodium 680.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 33.3 g