Beautiful BC's Note:
Another tasty recipe from Thai Cooking & More for the grill which I only slightly modified NOTE - any firm fish can be used for this, such as tuna steak or swordfish steak. Or use a combination of if you have access to them NOTE 2- prep time does NOT include 1 hour marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lb large shelled prawn, deveined with tails intact
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- wooden skewer, soaked at least 30 minutes prior to using
- 1Cut fish into 1 1/2 inch cubes; cover and refrigerate.
- 2Heat salt and spices in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant; place spices in a 2 quart glass dish. Add yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, oil, garlic and jalapeno pepper; mix well.
- 3Add fish and prawns; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour but no longer than two hours!
- 4Heat up grill.
- 5Thread salmon and prawns onto skewers, alternating with bell peppers.
- 6Grill kabobs over medium-hot heat for about 2 minutes per side until flish flakes easily when tested and shrimp are pink and opaque.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori-Style Seafood Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 233.4 mg
- Sodium 850.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 48.2 g