Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 8 (1/4 lb) lamb loin chops, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium summer squash or 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon snipped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup regular chutney or 1⁄4 cup hot chutney
- Trim fat from chops. In a small bowl combine oil, garlic, garam masala, ginger, and salt. Brush onto all sides of the chops and squash.
- Grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat until desired donenessm turning once halfway through cooking (10 to 14 minutes for medium). While the chops are grilling, add squash to the grill for 7 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning once halfway through cooking. Place pita rounds on grill during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yogurt and mint. Transfer squash to a cutting board; cool slightly and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Serve squash, pita bread, yogurt mixture, and chutney with chops.