I haven't tried this recipe yet. I found it on the internet, but I don't remember where.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups diced raw potatoes
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup tomato juice or 3/4 cup water
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1In a large skillet hear oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, potatoes and ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 2Add tomatoes with liquid and chickpeas and bring to a boil, stirring.
- 3Gradually stir in 3/4 cup of tomato juice or water; return to a boil.
- 4Add spinach then place cauliflower on top of stew. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5Season with salt and cayenne and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori-Style Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 880.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 11.5 g