Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This has an absolutely wonderful flavor.
Make and share this Tandoori-style Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Set aside 1/3 mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in the bag and gently coat them with the mixture.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate turning the bag several times for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken from plastic bag and arrange on broiler pan.
- Spoon the reserved mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler, and broil chicken until well browned and juices run clear; about 5 minutes.
- This is also great on the grill.
I used a bag of leg quarters & cut apart to end up with 6 thighs & 6 legs. There was plenty of marinade for this amount of chicken. This was an easy to use & mild version of tandoori chicken. Pleasant flavor and mustard yellow in color after marinating the full 24 hours. I might cut back on the tumeric slightly next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I really enjoyed your version of Tandoori chicken. Nice and spicy without being overbearing, even DH liked it and he's not normally fond of this type of food.
Sorry, but we didn't care for this at all.