Recipe by Tisy Adams
This has an absolutely wonderful flavor.
Top Review by Susie D
I used a bag of leg quarters & cut apart to end up with 6 thighs & 6 legs. There was plenty of marinade for this amount of chicken. This was an easy to use & mild version of tandoori chicken. Pleasant flavor and mustard yellow in color after marinating the full 24 hours. I might cut back on the tumeric slightly next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Set aside 1/3 mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in the bag and gently coat them with the mixture.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate turning the bag several times for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken from plastic bag and arrange on broiler pan.
- Spoon the reserved mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler, and broil chicken until well browned and juices run clear; about 5 minutes.
- This is also great on the grill.