Recipe by Cherylptw
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Delicious grilled East Indian spiced boneless chicken thighs and fresh spinach come together on a warm naan flatbread sandwiches which has been spread with roasted corn & scallion mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- cooking spray
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and pepper, blend
- 5 boneless chicken thighs, visible fat removed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons tandoori masala
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 medium scallion, finely chopped, both white and green parts
- 6 whole grain tandoori naan bread or 6 other flat bread
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Spray a 8 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray; add the corn and spray the surface with non stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the corn with the salt & pepper blend then put the pan into the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a stove top grill pan or non stick skillet over medium temperature and lightly spray with non stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the chicken thighs on both sides with Tandoori masala seasoning; place the chicken on the grill pan and cook each side for 5-6 minutes per side or until center internal temperature when pricked with a thermometer reads 165°F degrees.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the mayonnaise by adding it, along with the steak sauce and roasted corn to a food processor; pulse mixture until smooth, stir in the chopped scallions to blend and set aside. Remove chicken from grill, set aside for five minutes and thinly slice. Wipe the grill pan off with paper towels; place the naan on grill pan to heat for 20 seconds per side.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading one side of the naan with the roasted corn mayonnaise; layer the spinach on the bread and top with sliced chicken. Fold the bread over and secure with a pick; serve on individual plates with extra corn mayonnaise for dipping, if desired. Serves 6.