Recipe by TooAllergic
Spicy and bright. These can be part of a sensual dinner-for-two or double the recipe and use as beautiful hors d'oeuvres at your next gathering.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon curry paste, red hot tandoori
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 3 stalks lemongrass, cleaned and cut in half to become 6, shorter stalks
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to medium heat and add onion. Saute for 2 minutes and then add next 5 ingredients. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Cool slightly and then add to a food processor with the lime zest, shrimp and coconut milk. Process until smooth and gummy.
- Form mix into six balls around each lemongrass stalk (moist hands work best). Let rest in the refridgerator for at least one hour, not more than 4.
- You can grill these or broil them, or brown them in a non-stick skillet. They only take about 5-7 minutes to cook through. I like them best grilled.
- Serve with fresh lime slices and yogurt (soy, in my case) flavored with fresh mint or basil.