A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8-India
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon harissa (or hot sauce of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (see note)
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled large shrimp
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in the water for 30 minutes
- 1Marinade: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt. Set aside.
- 2Thread the shrimp onto the skewers and place in the marinade. Coat thoroughly.
- 3Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high or preheat a ridged nonstick skillet.
- 4Remove the skewers from the marinade and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- 5Serve the shrimp with basmati rice and raita.
- 6Tips: Garam masala is a spice mixture from the northern region of India that enhances most vegetable, fish, and meat dishes. You can find garam masala in specialty grocery stores, but you can make a homemade version. In a large skillet over high heat, pan-fry for 1 minute 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of green cardamom seeds (small grains), 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of cumin seeds, 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of coriander seeds, 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of black peppercorns, 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of whole cloves, 1 cinnamon stick and 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) of ground nutmeg. Let cool, then grind the spices together very finely.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 216.7 mg
- Sodium 1019.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: