Recipe by Daydream
Salmon marinated in yoghurt and tandoori paste for 15 minutes, then quickly char-grilled for another quick and easy mid-week meal.
- 1 cup thick natural yoghurt (I use Greek)
- 2 tablespoons ready-made tandoori paste
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless salmon fillet
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- ground sweet paprika, to sprinkle
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tandoori paste with 1/2 cup yoghurt, coat the salmon with this mixture, and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the rice, saffron and salt if desired, and cook until rice is al dente.
- Drain and toss the rice with the lemon zest, juice and cilantro, and keep warm.
- Mix remaining yoghurt with the garlic, coconut and cucumber and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place coconut and cucumber sambal in a serving dish, garnish with a sprinkling of paprika, and set aside.
- Brush a heated cast-iron grill with the oil, or heat the oil in a non-stick skillet on high.
- Cook the salmon for 1-2 minutes on each side- it should be just cooked but still a little rare in the centre, but if you prefer, cook a little longer.
- Serve salmon with the saffron rice and the cucumber& coconut sambal.