Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this recipe in Reader's Digest. I'm posting it for safekeeping.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup tandoori paste
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless salmon fillets (4 fillets, 6 oz each)
- coarse salt
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and combine with tandoori paste and yogurt.
- Slather fish with paste, then seal in plastic bag and refrigerate one hour.
- Heat oven to 450 deg. F.
- Scrape some of tandoori paste from fish, leaving just a light coating.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Heat large cast-iron skillet over high heat. When skillet is hot, add remaining 1 tbsp butter.
- Lay fish in skillet; sear for 90 seconds. Turn fish over and slide skillet into oven.
- Thin pieces will be cooked in about 3 minutes; thicker ones will take 5 minutes.
- Garnish with mint and serve.