Recipe by Derf
Excellent salmon, from the local newpaper
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I bought 1 1/2 lbs. of wild Alaskan salmon to make this recipe. I made the sauce and put it on the fish, and refrigerated it for 4 hrs. I used 3 T. of fresh ginger, chopped, and other than that made the recipe as directed. I did use fat free yogurt. I didn't care for the texture or taste of the mixture on top at all. The only flavor that came through was the whole peppercorns when I bit into one of them. The topping was curdled in texture, and just didn't do anything for me. I cooked it exactly 10 minutes at 500, and it was not done. I had to put it back in for about 3 more minutes. I hope someone else has better luck than I did. However, I will post a picture.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- lemon (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the lemon juice over the salmon and rub it with salt.
- Combine the yogurt, ginger, garlic, jalapeno, black peppercorns, and turmeric in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon this mixture over the salmon and refrigerate for at least 4, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and bake the salmon for 10 minutes, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish it with sprigs of cilantro or mint and serve it with lemon wedges.