Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Prep time is also minimum chill time.
- 24 ounces salmon fillets (with skin)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika (or substitute)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Place salmon fillets, skin side down, in shallow glass dish.
- Pull out any small bones.
- Whisk together yogurt, coriander, lemon juice, garlic, ginger,cumin, paprika,turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over salmon.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Shaking off excess marinade and reserving, place salmon, skin side up, on greased grill over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn and baste with marinade.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
My brother and mom liked it, this review is from them:) I added a pinch of red food clouring to the marinade and I marinated overnight.
You do know that coriander = cilantro.
People use the terms coriander leaves and cilantro seeds interchangeably.
This recipe does sound delicious.
Very flavorful! I mixed up the ingredients this morning before I went to work and left it marinating in the fridge all day. Very easy to put together! I baked the salmon until it flaked (about half an hour). The mixture of spices and other ingredients gave it a unique flavor - very yummy!