Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This flavorful recipe is from Cooking Light. The fish is spicy, but the accompanying salad is so refreshing! It definitely doesn't taste like low-fat food.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 red snapper (5-6 oz each) or 4 other firm white fish fillets (5-6 oz each)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber, seeded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- To prepare snapper:.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, stirring with a whisk. Add fish, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
- To prepare salad:.
- Combine onion, 2 tablespoons juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon garam masala in a medium bowl; let stand 1 hour.
- Add 1 1/2 cups yogurt, cucumber, cilantro, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, stirring gently to combine.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove fish from dish; discard marinade. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes, turn fish, then broil 4-5 more minutes until fish is firm to the touch with a fork.
- Serve salad with fish.