1/1 Photo of Tandoori Red Snapper (Cooking Light)
This flavorful recipe is from Cooking Light. The fish is spicy, but the accompanying salad is so refreshing! It definitely doesn't taste like low-fat food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 red snapper (5-6 oz each) or 4 other firm white fish fillets (5-6 oz each)
- cooking spray
- 1To prepare snapper:.
- 2Combine first 10 ingredients in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, stirring with a whisk. Add fish, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
- 3To prepare salad:.
- 4Combine onion, 2 tablespoons juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon garam masala in a medium bowl; let stand 1 hour.
- 5Add 1 1/2 cups yogurt, cucumber, cilantro, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, stirring gently to combine.
- 6Preheat broiler.
- 7Remove fish from dish; discard marinade. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes, turn fish, then broil 4-5 more minutes until fish is firm to the touch with a fork.
- 8Serve salad with fish.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori Red Snapper (Cooking Light)
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 993.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: